Monday, November 29, 2010

Lemon/Kalamansi Pudding Cake



Yummy


I'm harvesting my kalamansi from my backyard  and some few Meyer lemons. I usually freeze the kalamansi juice for further use for baking and  kalamansi juice drink for my kids lunches.I would like to share you our family favorite light dessert, not too sweet and so much lemony /kalamansi flavor.Yummy lemony/kalamansi pudding at the bottom and the light sponge cake rises on the top.Very easy to make!!


4 large eggs separated
1/3 c. kalamasi juice(no seeds please)
1/3c. lemon juice
2t. lemon zest
1T. melted butter
1 1/2c. white sugar
1/2c. self rising flour
1/2t. salt
1 1/2c. Carnation Evap. milk(secret ingredient!)

Preheat oven to 350 F(175 F)

1.Beat together egg yolks,juice,zest and butter until thick and lemon colored.
2.Combine sugar,flour and salt:add alternately with milk to the yolk mixture,beating well after each addition.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff. Blend egg whites into batter on low speed of electric mixer.Pour into a 11x13 square Pyrex dish.

Citron or also called Buddha hands
 4.Place a pan of hot water in the oven, and set the baking dish into the pan. Bake at 350 F(175 C) for 45 minutes.
One of my Kalamansi tree sorry, didn't rake the pine needles yet

No comments: